It’s my favorite season… it’s pie season. And, if this Chocolate Mousse Pie with Oreo Crust doesn’t get your attention, perhaps eleven other pie recipes will.
My talented friend and fellow food blogger, Nate from TermiNateor Kitchen invited me and several other food blogger friends to his #piesquad party on Instagram this week and I couldn’t be more excited about it. I love it when bloggers collaborate and share their recipes under one hashtag (and in one blog post) so all of our readers have lots of options right at their fingertips.
This rich, sexy and decadent Chocolate Mousse Pie is where we’ll begin, and between you and me, it’s super easy to make.
The crust is a bunch of our childhood favorites, double-stuffed Oreos, blended into crumbs and mixed with melted butter. After pressing the crumbs into a pie pan, you’ll want to let the crust chill in the fridge for a couple of hours before adding the mousse. This helps keep the crust from crumbling apart too early in the process.
The mousse is a combination of heavy whipping cream and granulated sugar that is mixed to form soft peaks before gently mixing in melted chocolate chips. Once everything is mixed together and oh-so-smooth in texture, you’ll pour the mousse into the oreo crust. Be sure to smooth the top and then let it chill in the fridge for about 4-6 hours. It’s a test of patience when you have to wait, but I promise it’s worth it.
My favorite part is the addition of Maldon sea salt sprinkled on top when you’re ready to eat. Mike also enjoyed a drizzle of Dulche de Leche caramel sauce, but I preferred it with just the sea salt. For me, there is something about that sweet/salty flavor combo where the balance has to be just right.
If chocolate is your thing, this is way too easy of a recipe to miss, so I hope you’ll try it and let me know what you think!
The sense of community couldn’t be stronger in the food blog world today, so tell your friends and get your grocery lists ready, because there’s something here for everyone. Hop over to Instagram and search the hashtag #piesquad for extra inspiration… or simply keep scrolling, because my recipe and links to ten other delicious pies are all listed below.
Cheers to pie!
Chocolate Mousse Pie with Oreo Crust
20 Double Stuffed Oreo cookies, blended into crumbs
2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/3 cup Dulche de Leche caramel sauce
Maldon sea salt
1. Blend the Oreo’s in a Vitamix or food processor until they are finely ground into crumbs.
2. Add the melted butter and blend again until well combined.
3. Place the buttered crumbs into a 9-inch pie pan and press evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan.
4. Place the Oreo crust in the fridge for 2 hours to chill.
5. In a medium-sized microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval.
6. Using a standing mixer, mix the cream and sugar until soft peaks form.
7. Gently add the melted chocolate and mix until well combined and smooth.
8. Pour the mixture into your prepared Oreo crust and spread evenly.
9. Place in the fridge for 4-6 hours.
10. Cut into slices and sprinkle with Maldon sea salt and drizzle with caramel sauce.
All images ©Regan Baroni 2017.
Additional Pie Recipes: