One of the many things I love about food is that it has the power to bring people together. When my friend and fellow food blogger Soe from Lime & Cilantro invited me to share a noodle recipe for a #noodleholicsparty on Instagram, it made me very happy. Not only was food bringing us all together, we were all building a sense of community, support and inspiration with the use of a simple hashtag.
Shrimp Scampi with Tagliatelle
1 package of fresh Tagliatelle
1/4 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup white wine
1/2 cup parsley, minced
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Fresh ground pepper
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the Tagliatelle. Cook to al dente according to directions, about 1-2 minutes.
2. Add the oil to a large sauté pan over medium heat.
3. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté for about 1 minute until the garlic is golden and fragrant.
4. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute. Flip the shrimp and add the wine.
5. Cook for 1-2 more minutes until the shrimp are just cooked through. Use tongs to remove the shrimp and set them aside.
6. Drain the pasta and add it to the liquid in the pan.
7. Add the parsley and the lemon juice and toss it with the pasta and the wine liquid.
8. Season to taste with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
9. Serve hot with the shrimp and garnish with additional parsley, if desired.
All images © Regan Baroni 2017.
Additional Pasta Recipes:
Vegetarian Manchurian with Stir Fry Noodles by Box of SpiceAlfredo Spring Pasta by My Lavender Blues
Beef Ragu with Pappardelle by Cloudy Kitchen