I’m just going to say it… I don’t care about the Super Bowl. I’m more of a baseball fan at heart, but with the Vikings perennially out of it and Mike’s Packers coming up short (again), the mood of indifference has been set. Regardless, I know we’ll be hanging out with our friends and eating a variety of delicious food and those are two things I never feel indifferent about.
This year I’m branching out and sharing Roasted Pears with Brie and Pistachios. After discovering the recipe by Eating Well, I really loved the sweet, creamy and salty flavors together. It makes a lot and is super easy to throw together. Not to mention, it’s a really unique recipe to bring to the party.
If you’re looking for some other tasty ideas for game day recipes, you should check these out too:
What are some of your favorite recipes to bring to the party?
Roasted Pears with Brie and Pistachios
2 tablespoons honey mustard
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2-3 ripe pears, preferably Bosc
2 ounces Brie cheese, cut into slices
4 teaspoons chopped pistachios
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Coat a metal baking pan with cooking spray.
3. Whisk mustard, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
4. Cut pears in half lengthwise, hollow out the core and slice a small piece off of the other side so they will lay flat.
5. Brush all over with mustard glaze and place cored side down in the baking pan.
6. Bake the pears for 30 minutes, basting halfway through with the glaze.
7. Gently turn them over, baste again and place slices of Brie in the hollow of each pear.
8. Bake until the pears are tender and the Brie has softened, about 3-5 minutes.
9. Sprinkle each pear with pistachios.
All images ©Regan Baroni 2017.