I cook more often than I bake, but I really enjoy baking when I have the time to do it. I recently made these Lemon Blueberry Muffins and they were an immediate hit.
The recipe is very easy and the flavor of lemon really shines through amongst the blueberries. I replaced milk with almond milk and I think it made the muffins even more moist.
Much like cooking, the smells took over the kitchen as the muffins were baking and it was too tempting not to eat one during the shoot. They tasted just as delicious as they smelled. So good.
Are you more of a cook or a baker?
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon lemon zest, plus extra for garnish
1 large egg
1 cup almond milk
4 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1.5 cups blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin with butter.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon zest.
4. In a small bowl, beat egg, almond milk, butter and vanilla.
5. Pour egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just until flower is moistened (batter will be a little lumpy). Fold in the blueberries.
6. Spoon mixture into muffin tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the tops are golden.
Note: You can test the doneness by sticking a toothpick in the center of the muffins. If it comes out clean, they’re done.
All images ©Regan Baroni 2017.