March came and went and here we are… it’s April. I’ve been so busy with client work the past month, I didn’t really have time to feel bogged down by all the rain and gray days we’ve had. However, now that things are slowing down for a bit, I find myself craving the sunshine more than ever.
I recently pulled out my Bon Appétit Grilling Issue from last year in an effort to connect with warmer weather through the recipes. Anytime grilling is involved, it makes me happy. I think it’s a combination of being outside and that laid back feeling of only needing a flame and some food to cook over it. And, although we grill all year long, it always makes me think of summer.
With a beautiful weekend ahead (hopefully), I thought I would share this delicious Grilled Skirt Steak with Parsley-Parmesan Salad from Bon Appétit. The parsley-parmesan salad is unique. The lemon really brightens up the rich flavors of the steak. I think it’s really refreshing. You can use any cut of steak you’d like, but I love how quickly the skirt steak comes together. It’s basically 4 minutes per side for medium rare.
You should also check out my Flank Steak with Grilled Corn Salsa.
Enjoy the weekend! Bring on the sun!
Grilled Skirt Steak with Parsley-Parmesan Salad
1.5 pound skirt or flank steak
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 cups fresh parsley leaves
2 ounces Parmesan, shaved
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Rub steak with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
2. Let steak sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
3. Prepare grill for medium-high heat and oil the grill grate.
4. Grill steak to desired doneness.
Note: 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
5. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.
6. Meanwhile, toss parsley, Parmesan, lemon juice and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium bowl.
7. Season with salt and pepper and more lemon juice, if desired.
8. Serve steak topped with parsley-Parmesan salad.
All images ©Regan Baroni 2017.