This Squid Ink Pasta with Garlic and Tomatoes is so simple, gorgeous and delicious. I can’t believe it took me this long to finally cook with it at home. Eating pasta never looked so unique and fancy, did it?
Squid Ink Pasta with Garlic and Tomatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
4 large garlic cloves, minced
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup dry white wine
12 ounces squid ink pasta Cherry tomatoes, halved (use as many as you’d like)
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, stirring occasionally, until garlic is softened, about 2 minutes.
3. Add wine, bring to a boil, and cook until reduced by half, about 4 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and cook an additional 4-5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cook squid ink pasta in a large pot of boiling water, stirring occasionally until al dente, about 4-5 minutes.
6. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta liquid, if needed.
7. Add pasta back to the pot and pour the sauce and tomatoes over the top. Gently mix together.
8. Add reserved pasta liquid a little at a time, if needed.
All images © Regan Baroni 2015.