I’m back from a very busy month of May with a mini vacation at the end for a little R&R. I’m a firm believer in taking time to regroup to keep your inspiration fresh and your determination strong. We snuck down to Sanibel Island for a few days and crunched our toes in the sand, played in the gulf, collected shells and even caught a couple of sunrises. It had been a long time since I got up for a sunrise, and I’m so glad I did it. It was so peaceful and yet the energy of a new day was everywhere.
I also spent some time researching recipes in Southern Living Magazine and Coastal Living Magazine. In the midst of gorgeous beach houses and bright, cozy cottages, I found this awesome peach chutney and prosciutto pizza recipe. I made a few minor tweaks to keep flavors balanced between the sweet peaches and the salty prosciutto. All of the flavors get along really well together in this recipe. You’ll have to let me know what you think.
There is much more to come including some awesome summer recipes, new restaurant features and another exciting update that I’ll fill you in on later this month. Thank you for sticking around to see what’s new with Up Close & Tasty!
GRILLED PEACH CHUTNEY PIZZA WITH PROSCIUTTO AND GOAT CHEESE
1 pound peeled peaches, cut into wedges
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons mustard seeds
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
3 tablespoons flour
1 pound refrigerated prepared pizza dough, at room temperature
1.5 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing
3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
1 cup very thinly sliced red onion
4 ounces goat cheese
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1.5 cups baby arugula
1. Heat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Combine first 9 ingredients and 2 tablespoons thyme in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
3. Cook 20 minutes or until thickened, stirring often and breaking up peaches with the back of a spoon or fork.
4. Let cool completely.
5. Sprinkle flour evenly over a large baking sheet.
6. Place pizza dough on baking sheet, and pat into circular shape.
7. Brush grill grates with oil, and slide pizza dough onto grates.
8. Grill, covered with grill lid, 2 minutes or until grill marks appear.
9. Slide baking sheet under dough on grill, and reduce heat to medium.
10. Spread dough evenly with peach chutney, leaving a 3/4-inch border.
11. Top with prosciutto, onion, and goat cheese.
12. Grill, covered with grill lid, 8 minutes or until cheese melts and crusts are lightly browned.
13. Remove pizzas from grill, and sprinkle with black pepper.
14. Brush edges of crusts with 1/2 tablespoon oil.
15. Combine arugula and remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl; toss gently to coat.
16. Top pizza with arugula.
All images © Regan Baroni 2015.