The Thanksgiving holiday came and went and before I knew it, I was very full and slightly regretful of how much I ate at our 1pm dinner. My mom visited from Minnesota and we ate dinner with Mike’s mom who hosts around 30 people every year. I don’t know how she does it, but she’s got it down to a science. Everyone enjoyed themselves. Everyone ate a lot. And, everyone took home leftovers.
Although I love the main feast, the leftovers are what I look forward to the most. It’s a chance to combine my favorite flavors from the dinner into a recipe that usually doesn’t require a trip to the grocery store.
Since I still had some of my Easy Cranberry Sauce, I decided to take a more refreshing approach and made Leftover Cranberry Sauce Popsicles with Greek Yogurt and Maple Syrup. It’s so unique and delicious.
The cranberry sauce is tart, so the greek yogurt and maple syrup really help tame it down with some sweetness. And, despite the colder weather, these popsicles are soothing and refreshing because they help take the bloat down a notch after all the savory foods.
What is your favorite way to use your Thanksgiving leftovers?
LEFTOVER CRANBERRY SAUCE POPSICLES
2 cups of cranberry sauce
1 5.3 ounce Greek Yogurt
2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Place cranberry sauce, greek yogurt and maple syrup in a Vitamix or blender.
2. Blend until you reach your desired smoothness.
3. Taste to be sure the tart and sweet flavor balance is to your liking.
4. Pour mixture into popsicle molds; it should fill 8-10 molds.
5. Place molds in freezer for at least 4 hours.
6. To serve, run tops and bottoms of molds under warm water for 1 minute to gently loosen the molds.
All images © Regan Baroni 2015.