Have you ever noticed how adding lemon can transform the flavors of so many different foods? It’s such a simple ingredient and it really brightens everything up. This is a game-changer for broccoli. As Mike and I continue to experiment with easy sides to pair with our usual dinners, I really wanted share this one. It also gave me a chance to play with this gorgeous plate that my Mom gave me to use for my shoots. Love those details.
The recipe is so easy and very healthy. As swimsuit season approaches, I’m all over it.
ROASTED BROCCOLI WITH LEMON
1-2 heads broccoli, separated into florets
2-3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
3-4 lemon slices
1/2 of one lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, add the florets, extra virgin olive oil, pepper, lemon zest and minced garlic.
3. Toss to combine.
4. Spread the broccoli out on a baking sheet along with lemon slices.
5. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until the florets are tender when pierced with a fork.
6. Remove and transfer to a serving platter.
7. Squeeze lemon juice over the broccoli, to taste.
All images © Regan Baroni 2015.